Monday, March 26, 2012

One of Us is Not Like the Others

Who are you? Where did you come from?


Your piercing eyes and clenched jaw frighten me. They're what make me afraid of the dark.

Your eyes... Your eyes glisten with the devil and his demons.


Did you know that he has taken over?


All you demand is possession, pride, and control. But not a soul in this room will dare place it in your dirt covered hands.


No one will let you come near them with those horrifying black finger nails and bruised knuckles. They don't come near because they've seen the damage they can do.


I admit, we two are the only breathing bodies in the room, but you and I both brought home friends from the other side.


Are you frightened at the least?


Because it seems as though every one of them is watching us.

But don't worry, I promise you can learn to live in a lonely world with only judgmental eyes to keep you company.


You stand so quietly.

As quietly as this school is before the sunrises and all you can hear is the deafening echo of silence against locked doors and empty windows.


I try to speak my mind like you asked but you raise your voice so only you are heard.


Go ahead.


Tell me how you never loved me.


Tell me how I am so cruel to you and how I don't really care.


Tell me about all the fabricated stories you have about me that always favor your lies.


Yell at me!


HIT ME!


You can slash at me with your words and your hateful, devil filled prison cells.


You can make me bleed from every vein in every place on my body, go ahead take as much out of me as you can, but your slimy hands and crippling fingers cannot reach my heart anymore.


I grew a new rib cage and I made sure it was impenetrable.


Thrust out all your rage at me and tell me how I am worthless.


Just know that you can no longer scare me with your minions that hide behind the safety of your thick skull, because now I have some of my own demons, hidden inside my eyes.

No comments: