Sunday, March 11, 2012

Now My Fears Come To Me In Dreams

Hold on ... I think it just died.

Please excuse me while I try to bring it back from the dead.



Ah, it finally has a pulse. Those lines on the meter prove to me that you are breathing again dear lost friend.



Where did you go? How was your journey? Did you forget your suitcase again?



You know it's been a few days since I last saw you. It's March 11th you know. Last I saw you with your pearly white eyes blinking I do believe it was sometime in February of last year. It's been quite a while my little sidekick.



Let's open up and see what you brought me back from your travels. A broken heart? Is that all? Well I'm sure you expect me to fix this as you lie here so lazily hooked up to all these machines. Barely breathing.



I suppose I could try to figure out how the pieces fit together for you if you get down on your bruised knees and beg for it.


Here lets pull off those bloody bandages on your elbows and chin so I can see all your wounds.



How many stitches did you have to get in order to fix this laceration on your forehead? It's so intriguing. It's almost as if your body has turned into a catastrophe in and of it's self. How pathetic.



How many broken bones did you have again dear? 11. Ah, well it's amazing how this doesn't compare to how I've bled myself dry for you time and time again isn't it.



Quite intriguing how the sun has dimmed down a little since you opened up your eyes, looks like everyone and everything is trying to protect you and your innocence. But you are just pretending aren't you? You know everything about the cruel hidden things of this world and you are ready to inflict them upon whoever crosses your path.



But you're too weak right now to even have the simple thought of twitching your fingers aren't you sweetheart?



Here's your fixed heart, I have some meetings to attend to so would it be alright to leave? Oh yes that's right. You can't stop me or grab my wrists to hold me back while you are injured like this can you baby?


Well all apologies and best wishes to you, here is a fresh heart for you to steal and tear apart in front of her wide brown eyes. Spilling out tears from the confusion.



I'll make sure not to warn her of your past crimes. Enjoy, my love. It's all I have to offer.

7 comments:

Nelson said...

You scare me. It's like you're trying to help and you're being nurturing, but it's all a trick. You're really all about vengeance. Justice. Fairness.

But it's cool that you won't tell the new girl. Let her find out for herself.

Clementine Kruczynski said...

I really loved this--- its so dark but interesting and totally relatable. I love the kind of tone in which you talk, and how you painted a picture of what was going on.

S.C.A.V.A. said...

This could definitely be a Tim Burton movie (compliment). . . And I freaking love tim burton \, which means that i love this post.. truly amazing.

Lucky Dime said...

That's really sad ... :( But once you get caught in something like that it is close to impossible to let it go so easily. It may heal over time but scares stay around for a while.

Bruce Wayne said...

Seriously..People definitely are going to have to learn not to mess with you.

He get's what he's got coming. Good post.. good good post. no wait, GREAT post.

Anonymous said...

I'm struck with awe. This post hit me hard. I'm still not completely sure why but, wow. Great Job

Zack Taylor said...

So dark. like looking through a stained glass window.

Love it.