Friday, January 2, 2015

Never again

I think the worst part about all of this is that I'm sick.

And you're fine.

I've wasted my breath by running circles around you.

I only ever tried to end it when you stood still.

I watched you continue your life, and never want me to be a part of it.

While I waited for the day you would say, "I love you" and mean it.


While I waited for the day that your "Forever" meant forever.


But I was foolish and I see it.

I wanted love,

You wanted free love makings.


That was the hardest part of losing the baby too,

Because I knew that probably was my only chance to hold on to you.

And when it was gone,

I knew it was over.


I knew we didn't stand a chance.


Because you didn't want it.


No matter how much you say you did.



And I know I loved you more.



I know it.



Because even now, as I drink myself away,


I still wish I could call and say I'm sorry.


But I know that if I do, I'll still be wasting my breath.

Running endless cirlces around you,

While you stand still.

No comments: