Sunday, June 9, 2013

How it is

The quiet voices crawling down my wall
All speak of love as if it is a distant memory. 

They whisper of others laying in fields
And watching the stars. 

They tell tales of running down hills
With arms reaching towards the skies. 

They recall of the times of crazy laughing
And tickle fights ending in kisses and hair stroking. 

They remind me that what I had before wasn't love, 
But it was something. 

The quiet little voices come close to my ear
And speak in quiet tones so only I can hear. 

They tell me to remember the past and what it taught me
But to focus on the future because it's more worthy of my time. 

They hold my hand and guide my eyes towards his,
They tickle my stomach to remind me what love really is. 

And as we lay here and he looks at me like I am the last beautiful girl,
They disappear because I don't need them to remind me anymore. 

Every day I love him more than yesterday,
But never as much as tomorrow. 

I brush back his wavy hair 
And kiss him softly on the lips to let him know I care. 

I hold him close and fall asleep and so does he. 
We don't wake up until morning. 

I teach him things I know,
And learn things from watching him teach me. 

We talk and talk of things not even he used to know,
And he remembers. 

We know more then each others favorite colors,
And the places that we work. 

We hold hands but don't chain each others souls,
And we kiss each other and don't make any promises we won't keep. 

I trust him and he trusts me,
And we give to each other and he doesn't ask for anything more than what I give. 

I am how he wants me to be,
And he only wants me to be me. 

So while I lay here on my bed,
And watch the little voices crawl on my ceiling,

I know they approve. 

For once they don't stir and tell me to run,
For the first time in my life, we are one. 

No comments: