Friday, June 21, 2013

Only in fairy tales

When he holds my hand,
I know we've met before. 
Maybe not in this life,
But this is too familiar to not have happened in another. 

His smile, laugh, and crazy personality
Are exactly who I imagined in my dreams. 
All he has to do is be next to me
And I'm happier then I've ever been. 
I know him. 

I know his dream one day is to live on the beach,
I know his favorite color is blue,
I know he believes there's a god but he struggles with it,
So he paints to get rid of the feelings. 

I know he feels it too,
I can see it in his eyes. 
I know at times he cries,
I know I've cried with him too. 
I know he's not perfect, but he is to me. 

I've seen the way he looks at me,
He's seen me stare at him too,
And I constantly ask him 
"Who are you?"
And 
"Where have you been? I've been looking for you!"

I feel like I have found the other half to my soul.
He reminds me of how beautiful this world can be.
He is my everything.

And though I am speechless
and unable to fully understand,
I am complete.

No comments: