Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What lurks in these parts.

I'm not afraid of the normal things. 

The common fears that everyone has. 

I'm afraid of things no one worries about. 

Things people actually want. 

I'm afraid of getting married. 

I'm afraid to fall in love. 

I wouldn't touch either one with a 39 1/2" pole. 

I'm afraid of dying in my sleep. 

    want 
          to go 
                   out 
                       with a 
                                      BANG. 

I'm afraid I'll forget how to sleep. 

Or worse; how to dream. 

I'm scared of sudden urges I get to scream. 

Or the ones I feel to jump off cliffs just to see if I can fly,

Just to see if I'll splatter like the people in the stories or suicide we've all seen on the news. 

I'm afraid the government will chain me. 

I'm afraid of all the secrets I hide. 

I'm afraid of candle light dinners. 

I don't want to see the flickering reflection in your eyes because it reminds me you're alive. 

I'm afraid of settling down. 

I'm terrified of my creaking bones,

Frail fingers,

And fat rolls. 

I'm afraid disintergrating vocal chords that only help me sing. 

I'm afraid of people staring at my hands and feet. 

I'm afraid of the smoker advertisement lady I've seen on the TV. 

I'm afraid of being forced to eat dried beans. 

I'm scared I won't see enough rain in my life time. 

I'm afraid I'll miss the sun. 

I'm afraid of people knowing my weakness. 

I'm too afraid to trust. 

I'm afraid I'm too observant for my own good. 

I'm scared of lots of things you see, but you scare me the most.

No one can explain you to me with out leaving something out. 

So keep your distance old friend, because I'm afraid you'll turn on me. 

One day I know you have potential of being my worst enemy. 

No comments: