Monday, May 13, 2013

One more time

Something you don't realize, 

Is that I'm finished wasting my time on someone 

Who doesn't know what he wants. 

You're an adult now and sometimes,

You have to put on your big boy pants

And make a desicion based on what you want, 

Not what they want. 

It was understandable in high school for you to be this indecisive,

But you were a child then. 

And even though adulthood is more confusing,

You still have to make decisions for yourself. 

When you told me you couldn't accept me because of my opinion,

I knew that it wasn't your desicion. 

Then you had the audacity to tell me to come running back

When I learned how to let people rule me like you do. 

I told you no, because I don't want to "hit you up" when you can't accept me for me. 

I like who I am,

And it took me a lot of strength and courage to get where I am. 

I had to grow up to be who I am. 

And I like how I turned out. 

So all the things you want me to "fix"

(As if I'm broken)

Aren't changing. 

So you can go find someone submissive,

And convince her she needs to change for you.

Tell her that you hate how submissive she is when that's exactly what you ask her to be. 

Tell her you love her then treat her like she doesn't deserve you. 

Tell her that she is the only one you can imagine being with, then tell her you want her to be different. 

Tell her you want someone else. 

Tell her you don't want to hurt her anymore, then crush her soul. 

Ruin her dreams, have her make plans around you, then leave her in the dark of night alone just like you did with me. 

I hope you find someone that does the exact same things you've done to me to you. 

I hope you spend night after night confused, awake and crying. 

I hope you have to pray about what to do and don't receive an answer. 

I hope she tells you she wants to marry you, then dumps you the next month. 

I hope she treats you like a king most of the time when she is sitting next to you,

But then turns around and treats you like a stranger over the phone.

I hope she breaks your heart countless times over words on a glowing screen,

Then tells you she is too busy to talk about it with her voice.  

I hope she asks you to sacrifice relationships you took a long time to create,

Just so she can tell you that yours isn't working with her. 

I hope she holds you close and shoves you away at the same time. 

I hope she's indesicive and tells you she can't love you because someone else told her she can't. 



I honestly don't think I could be so mad at myself for wasting so much time on you. 

And one day I hope you say the same thing. 

I hope that, just so you can see what you've done to me, and I'm sure others. 

I hope that, because you lack the empathy to just feel it anyway. 

And don't worry, I know I probably wasted your time too. 

But lesson learned right?

No comments: