Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why I am who I am

"I am who ever you say I am. If I wasn't, why would you say I am?" -Eminem
I was just listening to this song, and I started asking myself why I am who I am? It got me thinking about who I think I am. Who other's think I am. My mom thinks I am a good kid, and is proud for who I turned out to be. My dad thinks I am selfish, untrustworthy, and irresposible. The kids at school all think that I am always happy and a little intimidating. My best friend thinks I am depressed and as scary as an ant. So what am I? Why am I me?
I'm me because whenever I hold a secret, I don't ever let it out of my sight. I'm me because when ever I feel like a musician I sit down and practice playing. I'm me because every one of my outfits has to match perfectly or I will start over again and change until it does. I'm me because I have a high tolerance level and you can't do anything that will bug me. I'm me because my only pet peeve is waiting in line. I'm me because I know at my house I'm not loved so I spend my time in my home. I'm me because whenever it rains I sit outside fully dressed until it stops, no matter how cold I get. I'm me because I do believe in God, but at the same time I don't. I'm me because I think texting is annoying after about an hour of doing it. I'm me because I forget everything about myself but will remember everything about some one else. I'm me because I don't care who you are, you will be my friend. I'm me because I was raised to keep to myself and not except any help from anyone but to do everything you can for anyone else. I'm me because I have a.d.d and just lost focus on this post. I'm me because I am raised by my family, go to school, have friends, and lose friends. I'm me because of everything I've learned from everyone and everything. I'm me because of you. So thank you, for helping me create myself.

2 comments:

Nelson said...

This is awesome.

You know, at the end of last semester we ended with an open mic (which was titled 'If you really knew me')...most people didn't really write about themselves during the semester, so the end of the year was their chance to write about their real selves. This feels like that.

You're ahead of the game when it comes to being real in your writing. That's a good thing. I can't say that about most people.

Mandi Connell said...

I love this! I took,"I'm me because whenever it rains i sit outside fully dressed until it stops." For some reason I relate to this and I really like the way you worded it. Great job!