Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Allegiance Worth Forgetting

I'm in love.


I'm in love with an idea.


The idea that maybe, just maybe, you might be worried for me.


I'm in love with a song.


A song that speaks of being afraid for someone.


I just know they are talking about me.


I'm in love with your eyes.



The same eyes that have the knobs turned half way cold and half way hot.



The faucets that run when I speak of all the things I did this week.



I'm in love with the pain.



Only you know how to make if feel so good and hurt so bad at the same moment.



I'm in love with these notes.



They sound almost as if they shouldn't go together,



But the way that they line up so OCD-like makes it beautiful.



I'm in love with an idea.



An idea that maybe one day, I will never have to know about life and it's joys.



An idea that maybe, just maybe, one day we will all just... disappear.



I'm in love with a statement.




"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

-Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

Kyle Nelson said...

That was great. Very Relatable and well written. Thank you for sharing.