Saturday, September 6, 2014

Me, Myself, and I are all I have left

I think I am finally finished.

I won't try to be ok when the songs we sang come on the radio.

I'm done sitting here drowning my sorrows, early into the morning.

I can't remember to breath when I don't want to.

I'm spent on the thought of moving forward.

I am fed up of hearing my heart beat in my ears.

I'm fixed on ending the pain some how, but can't find a way.

I've perfected shaking hands, and panic attacks.

I'm drained of any drops of my will I had left.

I know I said I was happy, but I never could trust anyone now.

I started blocking out the memories, but then they over flowed.

I'm collapsing under heavy thoughts.

I've worn down my finger nails until the bled, trying to get out.

I'm terrified of just the thought of moving into tomorrow.

I've played out all the possible scenarios in my mind, only to come up with one "better" option.

I've fallen down to my knees praying for god to take me home.

I cried out telling the world that I am too broken to move on.

I am too worn to go through this cycle again.

I thought you were my haven, my one safe place. But I guess you didn't think so.

I have come up with all the reasons to stay here.

I told myself that it's ok.

I tried.

I tried.


I sat with empty hands.

I cried when I reached for you.

I realized that hell is just around the corner. Waiting.

I also know now, that that is the "better" option.

Because the pain of you being just out of my grasp, is all too real.








No comments: