Monday, July 21, 2014

Star-crossed Lovers

I almost settled.

I almost gave away my left ring finger to someone who didn't want it.


I almost lived alone.

I almost decided I belonged to no one, but I belonged to everyone at the same time.


I almost became content with nothing.

I almost let the utter darkness consume me.


I almost let my soul be sold.

I almost relied on the touch of different men every night please me.



I almost was destroyed from the inside out.



And the worst part is I didn't care.



I was through with being alone, but I didn't want to settle down.

I was sick of having too many friends but not enough love.

I was tired of having everything, but feeling nothing.

I was done with fake lights at the end of the tunnel, so I stayed in the darkness.


But that's when I saw the sun.

You dug me out of that tunnel, and together, the moon and sun formed an eclipse.


So beautiful yet only a few can look in awe at with out misunderstanding



So yes we have been through a lot.

But at this point the only thing we can't overcome is giving up.


So even though we are two different people,

We will never be separate.


No matter how far apart.



No comments: