Saturday, March 8, 2014

My muse returns

Do you remember the day the music died?

I sat in silence with only the sound of bones shaking to comfort me.

I weighed 30 pounds soaking wet then,

And my joints were visible through my skin before I bent them.

I looked in the mirror and watched the light fade from my eyes.

I watched the smile fade,

And my childhood died and killed my heart with it.


Now that this cruel world has grasped my soul

My head controls my life.

Depression has faded away and Numbness took it's place.

I don't feel the warmth of your skin when I touch you.

But I do feel how deep the wrinkles around your mouth are when you smile.


I miss how that felt.


But that first moment that you looked me in the eyes and told me that you didn't know if you felt the same as I do,

I felt.... Pain.

For the first time in a while I felt.

I FELT.


Then the day the music came back to life.

When you stared at me again but with a different look then two days before,

And told me how you really felt,

I was happy.


I smiled.

I laughed.

I had fun.


I was me.


We were us.





I was happy.

No comments: