Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It made me wonder just how she could know

I've forgotten.

Forgotten how it feels to be young and play.

Forgotten that red is my favorite color and the river is my best friend.

I've forgotten how to smile and laugh with side pains.


I've only remembered how to forget.

Because I'm not the same as I was one year ago.

I've forgotten what it felt like to sit next to old women on a plane.

And since then, I've only forgotten more.


I've forgotten the names of people I once knew.

I've forgotten their personalities and glistening eyes.

I've only forgotten because I haven't taken the time to remember.


But I remember that I was once a wolf.

That I once had the power to scare and intimidate,

But still had the ability to care more than most that walk this Earth.



I remember that I cried only once a year and only in the night.

Now I cry at least once a day and while the sun is shining.

I remember that the moon and rain are my only true loves.

I remember that I am better alone.



I know that none of the words I say make sense.

It probably confuses you,

But I've forgotten how to communicate properly.


I can feel it in the wind that from here on out we can only fall.

We are lost.


I'm too young to be tied down and loose my freedom.

Especially to someone like you.

I can't love someone that loves objects like video games,

More than spending time with me.


I don't like false promises.


So now that it's cold out I think I will just sit next to the river,

Paint my nails red,

And howl at the moon.






Because maybe then I can find myself again.








Because right now I am no where to be found.










No comments: