Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Battle fields with no weapons

There are times when I wish I was someone else.
Someone that knew what they were doing.
Someone that knew how to hit the curve balls,
Or even throw the pitches.
Someone that has a plan that can't be foiled.
Or someone that can dance in the rain with out their soul being drenched and cold.

I'm stuck.
Stuck on this idea that me and you could be perfect for each other,
And that things won't turn out like they did last time.
But I know that things just don't work that way.

Life isn't perfect and neither are you.
So can't you just admit that?
Because I already know.

You are my sunshine, but sometimes you're my clouds.
You're bipolar in every which way,
And there are times when I believe that you are only pretending that you have everything figured out.

Please, all I ask is you tell me the truth.
I really don't want to hurt you,
But the selfish side of me doesn't want me to get hurt by you even more.
Been there. Done that.

So open up your heart and look inside.
Am I in there or is it just veins?
Am I the one that pushes on your heart to make it beat,
Or are you simply doing it yourself?
Or worse, is there some one else in there?

Please, don't leave me in the dark.
You are my sunshine,
And with out a window I can't tell if you are hiding behind your storm clouds,
Or if you are speaking what is really on your mind.

I love you I do.
But I can't if you don't feel that way too.
I'm worth more than someone who sits on fences.
I am more than worthy of some one who jumps them.

No comments: